I am in the process of reading Eavan Boland's collection of poetry and while simoltaneously falling in love with her poetry, I fell in love with the font. This is not a common occurence, and I am not some type of font fiend (o the puns...) but for some reason something about it just clicked. I love the way the capital A overextends so slightly, how the printed g has that beautiful shape, how the posts of the b, d, f, h, k, and l are all slightly too long, how the j, p, q, and y and are slightly stunted. There is a general feeling about this font that I can't quite describe, but I love the feeling it conjures. Partly it is because it fits Boland's poetry so well, I don't know if I would have noticed it unless the two went so hand in hand. What a perfect presentation of her poetry, and I love how there is still time in my life for me to notice such things as font distinctions and revel in their uniqueness. Synergy! Where is that word from? Sounds like something from Office Space....
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I am in the process of reading Eavan Boland's collection of poetry and while simoltaneously falling in love with her poetry, I fell in love with the font. This is not a common occurence, and I am not some type of font fiend (o the puns...) but for some reason something about it just clicked. I love the way the capital A overextends so slightly, how the printed g has that beautiful shape, how the posts of the b, d, f, h, k, and l are all slightly too long, how the j, p, q, and y and are slightly stunted. There is a general feeling about this font that I can't quite describe, but I love the feeling it conjures. Partly it is because it fits Boland's poetry so well, I don't know if I would have noticed it unless the two went so hand in hand. What a perfect presentation of her poetry, and I love how there is still time in my life for me to notice such things as font distinctions and revel in their uniqueness. Synergy! Where is that word from? Sounds like something from Office Space....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment